Home About Us Services FAQ Links Job Postings Contact Us  



HARC Residential


HARC Information


HARC Community


HARC Donations




Frequently Asked Questions


What does HARC stand for?
HARC used to be acronym for our old name which included language not used now; since we were mostly known as “HARC” anyway we made it official.


Who runs HARC?
HARC is a private, nonprofit corporation governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. Day to day operations are managed and performed by staff.

How do I apply for HARC services?
You may call HARC (301-932-7030) or contact HARC. For residential services applicants need to be referred by Maryland DDA staff. This process starts by contacting Resource Coordinators with the Charles County Health Department.


How do I apply for a job with HARC?
To be directed to our employment section, click here.


How is HARC funded?
HARC’s funding includes the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Adminstration, residential client fees, Charles County Government, the United Way of Charles County, groups like the Waldorf Jaycees and area councils of the Knights of Columbus.

HARC is also an Association with dues paying individuals and members from the business community. Donations are always welcome and appreciated. For more information please click here.


Are homes regulated and inspected?
Yes, HARC is licensed by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and surveyed annually by Maryland Office of Health Care and Quality Assurance.

Privacy Web Services by BalanceLogic